Seattle historians know this home by its Registered Landmark name, the Boyer/Lambert house.
In 1907 Captain John Edward Boyer commissioned this home as the president of the Interlake Land Company. The timbers and stone were harvested from the surrounding property in what is now the arboretum. This distinctive home was originally designed by E. W. Sankey, with Prairie School massing, heavy timbers and stone, chinese detailing.
Over the last century, the interior of this home has been mistreated by poor remodels and deferred maintenance. Since 2004 Robert Edson Swain, Architecture + Design has been working to restore this magnificent home to its former beauty. Kit Kollmeyer was the project manager for the recent renovation. He worked closely with the Seattle Landmarks Board to respectfully restore and renovate this significant home.
"This house is an incredible piece of history"